Sunday 24 March 2013

City after the storm

So today, we went out for a walk (again) but there is NOTHING to do in the apartment.  We left around 2 and we walked until 17h00. So a good 3 hours. We came back totally frozen. I got painful cramps in my back, I think because of the effort to walk in the snow. All better now.  Lesson to learn when you leave, it is cold, but manageable. When you come back and you have the wind in your face it is like Siberia.  The wind and ice are everywhere, we helped a poor lady who took a bad fall. People are falling everywhere.
I took some pictures from a coffee shop of people helping a man who was stuck with his car. The waiter told me that it was Ukraine national sport, which made me laugh.

We found a little supermarket and it is interesting to know that you cannot go in with your bags if you have any. You need to put them in some lockers with keys. The supermarket is in the middle of the biggest street next to shops like Nike and Benetton.  Since we had a bag because I could not stand the cold anymore I bought a big sweater to put on my sweater, I had to stay outside while Georges was shopping. My bag was to big for the lockers. I had 2 books also that we found in English.  We came back with potatoes, some hot dogs and mushrooms. On the way back, I had a heavy heart because I saw a stray dog. And if you know me, you know that I deeply love dogs. She was a female and she had babies in her belly. It is so cold outside, it brook my heart. I gave her a hot dog, but she got scared, she was scared of people, but I followed her a while and I kneeled down calling her and after a while she came close and I gave her a hot dog and she ate it and left. She really broke my heart, especially that she was pregnant. I hope that she would find a dry spot, she did not want to come with me, but I am glad that at least she ate her hot dog.

We called Xenia, the lady who works here from the agency and she said that she should get a time for Tuesday for our next appoitement. Nothing special for this evening as it should take a miracle to make me go outside again. Here are a few pictures. You will see the undergrounds passages. Lots of little shops, but really nothing good in them. But these undergrounds passages help you go across the streets. Well, I have a new wool sweater, super big and super warm yay !

No comments:

Post a Comment