Thursday 21 March 2013

Glimpse of sunchine !

So today, it was not snowing, it was actually a little bit sunny, yay ! Yesterday evening, I so wanted to take a shower, but no such luck, no hot water. I was hoping that this morning would be it, but no, no, still ice cold. Tonight we will have to boil some water, even washing hands is horrible, it is so cold.

But well, at least, I have the internet. Well, it comes and goes. In 30 mn, I lost it 13 times.  Can we say, on and off....So, away we went, I wanted to go visit St-Sophie, but alas, when we got there it was closed.  Bummer. So just took pictures of everything we saw. In Kiev you walk everywhere, so we did walk a lot.

We went to a market and could not understand what they were talking about, but they were putting hats on my head and I did not want it, because it is real fur. I am against fur, so they were trying to tell me how great it was that it was real and I was telling them, that, Niet, Niet, for that reason I don't want to buy it !

We went to a coffee shop for lunch, but Lordy the food is bad and I took a picture of the menu, could not understand it. Finally the sun went away and it was soooo cold and so chilly, I could not feel my ears and toes, so we came back in. I had hope to take a shower, but nope, still ice cold. Later we need to go buy some food, there is no market here. Just little secret places who must have the size of our bathroom with people checking that we will not steal anything and security.  Food is very difficult to find. People here buy it everyday, everytime a little bit.  Since the electricity goes often, you cannot keep a lot in the mini fridge.

But it was nice to see the fantastic houses and the historic buildings are magnificent.  Here are the pictures, enjoy !

No comments:

Post a Comment