Wednesday 24 April 2013

The court and updates

The court....

We had to wait about one hour, one hour and a half, enough for us to be beyond nervous, especially since just before us, there was a trial for murder. The <<ambiance>> was a bit strange.

So, it was us, our translator, the jury, the lawyer, the prosecutor and the judge. We had to stand up and tell our name, profession, age, address, why we wanted to adopt, if we had enough income, why Ukraine  and the translator told the judge what we said. So I was looking at the judge when she spoke to me and then turn to the translator, then the judge again while everybody was listening. When she said you can sit down again, I was like yay, pfiouuu !
They asked if the opposite party had comments or opposition several times, I think I stopped breathing for a second, but no, no, everybody was fine. It took about one hour and then it was done. Yay !

The adoption will be official on the 30th. Then, all the ladies took our cab to go home and we waited on the streets, giving food to all the stray dogs around. They are so nice and gentle.

But what a stressful time ! And I miss home and my doggies and I wish I could take Isaac and go already, but we are still stuck in that grey city.  Easter in Ukraine is on May 5th, so now the difficulty is finding train tickets for 4. Georges, Natalia (translator) Isaac and myself.  No ticket, ever. We went several times. It is not like home when you can go on the internet and reserve a place. No, no, you need to go to the train station with your cab driver. Once there, you need to call the translator, tell her what we want and then she talks to the cab driver ( Yuri) and he talks to the lady at the train station. They she replies something and then we need to call the translator again to know what is going on.

The trick is, the day after the adoption is official, we need to take all the papers and drive 2 hours to the city where Isaac was born to have some other papers and then go to the notary and some other places, so to go and back, it is already 4 hours.  But we need to go fast as the 30, offices close early and on the 1, 2,3 til Easter offices are closed. And we want to leave that city with our son to go to Kiev in order to request the visa.

So we took a leap of faith and found a train ticket for May 1st.  I hope that we will be on that train, if not, we will need to stay here one more week and that idea is upsetting.

We communicate very well with Isaac, he is a child, so he gets upset. Today he got upset because he wanted cookies and not a banana, but well, I did not have cookies. He made a scene for 45 mn. Well, he cannot have everything he wants at the second he wants, but he is trying.

My neck is still stuck because of my displaced vertebrae, but I try my best to keep going.

Thank you, as always for reading and for being there,

Nini xoxoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment