Thursday 1 November 2012

Flights ?

Update !
I found a good travel agent and we will find a solution ! He is used to cases like this one and he did adopt from Ukraine in the past, so I think we will be ok ! The trick is that we need a round trip, yes, but then, the child (or children) needs to come back with us on the same flights. Tricky, tricky ! But we will manage !

So I am looking at the flights to Ukraine... It is confusing...If we take just a one way, then, it is double the price... But how can we take a roundtrip if we do not know when we are going to come back ? But anyway, we need to take a roundrip, if not it is so expensive, it is ridiculous.

Now, the part that is making me worry.....Are we going to come back with one child.. Two ? And if so, then, they need to be on the same flights. But a roundrip for 2 children is OK, but we cannot do that, just a one way. And a one way would cost double of what it will cost for the roundrip for Georgy and me.

I just am going a bit nuts over it. There must be a solution that I don't see, because this is not logical at all. I need to find a solution and I need some advice from someone who did it before. Because this is just crazy. I could spend the money on clothes for the children and a bed and stuff like that. I need to find out what others did.

2 comments:

  1. As a non parent who has no idea or concept of your plight, might I opine? It seems you are stuck with either 2 one-way trips, 2 round-trips in which you simply sacrifice one leg each way, or a round-trip there, and 1-way back. Also, me being me, would plan for the event of something not going as planned - which means not buying non-refundable tickets, which means more $$. End the end, it sounds like round-trip there + 1-way back is a smooth option with less wrinkles. There also may be ticket discounts for adoptive children (but yours may be too old). Most of my info stolen from: http://kidstoadopt.org/adoption-resources/travel-tips/ukraine-travel-info/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will look into it ! Thank you Cam ! xoxoxoxoox

    ReplyDelete