Thursday 1 November 2012

Talked with another parent....

So, I just had a great talk with someone who adopted there a few years back. The good news is that this man runs a travel agency, so he will help and knows how to deal with the plane tickets.

He said that it is very difficult there and that they will try to give you a child who is really sick at the first  appointment which I think is heartbreaking.

We have 3 chances there, 3 appointments. Apparently, they will present children who are really sick on the first one to try to make you adopt them. I think it is so sad for the child and for the parents. Then you have 2 more chances.  It is freaking me out a little bit because all these children need parents, I just want a child that will be in relative good health, that I will be able to make feel better.

Some people are lucky and are sent to an orphanage in a place that is secure. Some go to some places where the criminality is very high and the apartment without heat or warm water.
I am always cold, so I am sure hoping for something relatively warm.  We will need to travel by train, so I will not take my huge suitcase.

That is about it for now. I heard rumors about it, (about sick children), but it was just confirmed. Just need to stay strong. They want us to stay a long time, because the more you stay, the more you spend. We will do what we need to do, and I am hoping that at the end it will all work out.

2 comments:

  1. wow...sure, you need courage and strenght. I'm with you and I pray you found your children...
    Bisous
    Barbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much !
    Lots of love,
    Nini xoxoox

    ReplyDelete